0 Project of the Week 7- Watercolour Flowers

Hi, guys!

This is the seventh project of the week (wowee). Yeah, I say that every day... Anyway.


Today, we're going to make a cool painting of watercolour flowers, which will look like this! I was originally inspired by a blog post from Bella Dia, which you can read here. I found it when I was looking at pictures of watercolour flowers, and I saw this picture.


It looked pretty cool to me, so I decided to try out the tutorial for my project of the week! Here we go.


Step 1: Start off with a piece of watercolour paper (any orientation is fine). Wet it with your largest paintbrush.

Step 2: Make some watercolour splotches on the paper. Use various shades of green to represent the grass, and some multicoloured blobs to represent the flowers. It should look very abstract.


Step 3: Add in some drops of paint. Take a small brush and just dip it in some watery paint of any colour. Splatter it all over the paper. 


Step 4: Add in the outlines of the flowers. You should wait until the paint dries. I used a blow dryer to make the process quicker, but air drying is fine too. I used the same pack of charcoal pencils as what I mentioned in my fourth project of the week here, but the person who wrote the tutorial used bamboo skewer and India ink. The flowers can be as roughly sketched as you'd like them to be. This was the final result.


Try this one out! I'd love to see them. You can email a picture of your work to colourfuldecorationsemail@gmail.com. Happy painting!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. It makes us really happy, and we'll be sure to reply back or leave a comment on your own site. Have a great day!